Blizzard Entertainment rolled out a significant replace for Overwatch on Tuesday, bringing a brand new character, Sigma, and a brand new position queue system to the reside model of the sport on PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One.
Sigma is Overwatch’s 31st hero and has been out there on public testing servers on PC since July 23. He’s a tank-class character and makes use of skills based mostly on gravity that can doubtless shake up what number of gamers, together with Overwatch League professionals, play Overwatch.
Also new to Overwatch is the position queue system, which asks gamers to decide on which position they wish to play: tank, injury, or help. A 2-2-2 composition is enforced; gamers can solely choose heroes inside their chosen roles. At the tip of a match, gamers re-queue and choose their position as soon as once more. If there’s a task that’s restricted, then gamers who queue for that position will obtain rewards.
Tuesday’s patch additionally makes some wide-sweeping adjustments to current heroes like Brigitte, Symmetra, and Sombra, with much less impactful stability adjustments for Ashe, D.Va, Doomfist, Hanzo, Orisa, Tracer, and Wrecking Ball.
Blizzard’s full patch notes for Aug. 13 observe:
- Players can now endorse one another within the following recreation modes:
- Mystery Heroes
- No Limits
- Total Mayhem
- Low Grav
- All PvE Event recreation modes (Uprising, Retribution, Storm Rising)
- Mystery Heroes – On Control maps, heroes are actually reset between rounds.
- Player Dealt Healing
- Player Received Healing
- Player Joined Match
- Player Left Match
- Start Transforming Throttle
- Stop Transforming Throttle
- Event Healing
- Host Player
Developer Comment: A generally requested function for the Workshop is the flexibility to trace therapeutic, so we’ve added two new occasion sorts and three new values to make this attainable. We’ve additionally added occasions to make it simpler to detect gamers becoming a member of and leaving matches. To help the creation of administrator-style privileges for customized video games, the proprietor of the sport can now be detected utilizing Host Player. Finally, we’ve added the flexibility to scale, invert, and rotate a participant’s enter throttle to make controlling characters in third individual simpler.
- Global final value elevated 12%.
Developer Comment: Considering how excessive impression they’re, ultimates are arising too typically. We are decreasing how shortly they cost so fewer fights might be decided by final utilization.
- Slowing Effects: Instead of stacking collectively, pleasant and hostile slowing results are actually separate, and motion velocity might be decided by whichever is slower.
Developer Comment: This change will largely impression heroes who gradual themselves, comparable to when Widowmaker scopes or Reinhardt places up his barrier. In these circumstances, hostile slowing results, comparable to Symmetra’s turrets or Mei’s freezing is not going to hinder these heroes until they cease slowing themselves or the hostile impact’s gradual worth surpasses their very own.
- Fixed a bug wherein full injury was not dealt by skills that quickly acquire/lose targets, comparable to fast-tracking with Zarya’s and Symmetra’s major fireplace beams.
Developer Comment: This is a reasonably important bug repair that may trigger beam weapons to do way more injury in sure conditions. In explicit, Zarya and Symmetra will generally really feel way more highly effective on account of this bug repair. We’ll be conserving an in depth eye on these heroes to verify they don’t find yourself too robust.
- Reload time per spherical decreased from 0.Three to 0.25 seconds.
Developer Comment: Ashe’s full reload time felt overly restrictive. However, a protracted reload time is meant to stability out the facility of her gun, so we wish to watch out to not remove that utterly.
- Healing quantity elevated from 100 to 130
- Self-healing from Inspire is now halved
- Now has Three fees
- Healing quantity modified from 150 to 120
- Now heals over 2 seconds as a substitute of immediately
- If you throw a number of packs on the identical individual, the present period might be prolonged by 2 seconds
- Out-going velocity elevated from 60 to 80
- Retracting time decreased from 0.6 seconds to 0.3
- Barrier well being decreased from 500 to 200
- Stun period decreased from 0.9 seconds to 0.75
- Ultimate value elevated 10%
Developer Comment: The aim of those adjustments is to make Brigitte extra of a major healer on your crew, at the price of weakening her survivability. Since Brigitte will now be solely one in all two help heroes on your crew, it is vital that she will present sufficient therapeutic to be priceless in that position.
- Pilot final value decreased by 12%
Developer Comment: This change is simply meant to counteract the worldwide enhance in final value. The time it takes to generate a D.Va’s final when out of her mech ought to stay the identical because it was earlier than this replace.
- Quick melee not pauses ammo reload.
Developer Comment: This is a high quality of life change which permits Doomfist to extra freely use Quick Melee as a part of his combos, with out feeling punished for it.
- Storm Arrows ammo decreased from 6 to five
Developer Comment: The total injury output of Storm Arrows was too excessive so we’re decreasing the utmost variety of photographs.
- Cooldown elevated from eight seconds to 9
Developer Comment: A typical level of suggestions for taking part in in opposition to Orisa was that it doesn’t really feel helpful to shoot the barrier because it comes again so shortly. Increasing the cooldown of Protective Barrier will make destroying it extra rewarding.
New Passive: “Steadfast”
- Reduces knock again results by 30%
Developer Comment: As a frontline, melee-range tank Reinhardt was extra adversely affected by knock again skills than most heroes. To cut back a few of this frustration and allow Reinhardt to extra simply fulfill his position, he’s now extra immune to being knocked again.
- Duration on enemy gamers decreased from 6 to five seconds
- Activation time elevated from 0.2 to 0.35 seconds
Developer Comment: Hack is a potent disabling means with a protracted period. Reducing the period barely will make it really feel much less oppressive because the hacked participant with out tremendously decreasing its effectiveness. The elevated activation time on EMP permits for extra time to react and opens up extra counterplay alternatives for the opposing crew.
- Now lasts an infinite period till destroyed
- Players can destroy their Teleporter with the flexibility 2 enter
- Cooldown now begins when Teleporter is destroyed
- Maximum vary elevated from 25 to 30 meters
- Teleporter is destroyed if the doorway is greater than 40 meters from the exit
Developer Comment: Symmetra’s Teleporter is an fascinating software however typically felt too limiting to make use of. Making the Teleporter final indefinitely opens up new alternatives for the way Symmetra is utilized in varied maps and group compositions.
- Damage elevated from 300 to 350
Developer Comment: Pulse Bomb was decreased in energy a while in the past to verify it was not overly punishing to Tanks, that are a lot simpler to stay the bomb to. While that is nonetheless a aim, we’re restoring a few of this misplaced energy to assist cope with different hefty targets comparable to Bastion, or enemies with bonus armor from Brigitte.
- Increased projectile velocity from 10 to 12, inflicting the mines to unfold out extra
- Reduced the activation time from 0.25 to 0.1 seconds
Developer Comment: Wrecking Ball has a really energetic playstyle, nevertheless it typically felt troublesome to make good use out of his final. This change permits him to unfold out his Minefield additional if he needs (particularly from excessive within the air), whereas nonetheless permitting for a tighter cluster if he prompts it close to the bottom.
- Fixed a bug that prevented subtitles from displaying when spectating whereas ready to respawn
- Fixed a bug that triggered charging heroes (Reinhardt, Doomfist, Brigitte) to inconsistently knock one another down when colliding
- Fixed a bug in order that some skills (Hanzo’s Dragon Strike and Roadhog’s Chain Hook) will seem smoother when time is slowed down (finish of spherical or customized recreation)
- Fixed a bug that triggered the Presets UI in Custom Game to be displayed within the flawed order
- Fixed a bug in order that placement previews (Reaper’s Shadow Step, Mei’s Ice Wall) ought to now be a lot smoother
- Fixed a bug in order that placement previews will now maintain their place after clicking, till they’ve been confirmed by the server
- Fixed a bug the place orientation toggles for placement previews might flicker at increased latencies (Mei’s Ice Wall, Baptiste’s Amplification Matrix, Symmetra’s Photon Barrier)
- Fixed a bug that allowed attackers to depart the spawn room earlier than the spherical begins
- Fixed a bug that triggered her gun to clip into the digicam barely when leaping whereas taking pictures down sights
- Fixed a problem that allows Doomfist to get via doorways whereas utilizing Rocket Punch and clipping the nook
- Fixed a bug that prevented Rocket Punch from persistently destroying Sombra’s Translocator and never being stopped by it, just like Symmetra’s turrets
- Fixed a problem in order that targets hit by Rocket Punch will now go immediately backwards, as a substitute of sustaining any lateral momentum that they had
- Fixed a problem in order that targets which might be proof against stun however not proof against knockback (Zarya’s Particle Barrier, Zenyatta throughout Transcendence) are not in a position to have an effect on knockback trajectory
- Fixed a bug that triggered Doomfist to maneuver extra slowly in the course of Meteor Strike when utilizing it whereas crouched
- Fixed a bug that triggered Doomfist to maneuver backwards barely slower throughout Meteor Strike
- Fixed a bug that prevented Defense Matrix from pointing down when D.Va was aiming downward whereas shifting
- Fixed a problem that triggered false positives with Lúcio’s animation touchdown prediction when wall using
- Fixed a bug that triggered some VFX to cease taking part in upon successive viewings of Orisa’s “Oh!” spotlight intro in Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug that triggered cost knockback to be utilized a number of instances
- Fixed a bug that triggered Wrecking Ball to get caught in his slam animation if he landed on very flat, slippery surfaces
- Fixed a bug that triggered Wrecking Ball to be briefly caught when utilizing Piledriver on slippery surfaces
- Fixed a bug that triggered Wrecking Ball to realize an incorrect quantity of shields when utilizing Adaptive Shield
- Fixed a bug that triggered Zarya’s weapon and arm to animate oddly throughout her emotes when considered in third individual
- Fixed a bug that triggered a delay in Zenyatta’s first individual fast melee animation when interrupting his major fireplace