Game Freak uploaded a brand new video over the weekend that focuses on the legendary Pokemon Celebi, and the way the Pokemon got here to be designed, in addition to the rumors concerning the mysterious shrine in Ilex Forest.
Check it out beneath:
Here are the highlights:
- Celebi was designed by Hironobu Yoshida (the person sitting within the center), though he’s beginning to neglect the main points.
- While Mew wasn’t originally planned for Pokemon Red and Green, and was added in by Morimoto as a result of he thought it might be cool, Celebi was deliberate as a Mythical Pokemon from the planning levels of Pokemon Gold and Silver.
- What is the widespread component between Celebi, Wobbuffet, and Dunsparce? (As proven within the header picture?) They had been all designed by Yoshida, as a result of their designs nonetheless weren’t determined on the time. He requested why Celebi was on the backside of the record, and the opposite employees answered that it was a Mythical Pokemon, identical to Mew. So Yoshida considered a design that was cute and fairy-like like Mew, and thus Celebi acquired its design.
- Rumors unfold in Japan (and worldwide) that the Ilex Forest shrine was the important thing to gaining Celebi, which Game Freak had no hand in spreading. The main rumor in Japan was that you just wanted to deliver each the Rainbow Wing and Silver Wing to the shrine, which might make Celebi seem. This confused Morimoto and the Game Freak employees on the time, as they didn’t recall including this in. They don’t know the place it got here from.
- That stated, Game Freak remembered the rumor for Pokemon HeartworkGold and SoulSilver, and that’s why they determined so as to add in a Celebi occasion on the Ilex shrine.
- So if Celebi wasn’t deliberate for the shrine, what was it there for? According to Unno, no one remembers what the shrine is for among the many unique employees. That’s the true thriller behind Celebi.
- Yoshida’s idea is that, as again then they’d use extra sprite elements to present texture to rooftops, staircases, rocks, and extra, they could have added within the shrine with these extra sprites simply to spruce up the realm. Basically, it was in all probability simply a part of the background.
Twitter person Inatsuka regarded up Gold and Silver sprites after the video was launched, and realized that the sprite for the shrine is probably going a reuse of roof tile sprites and signal sprites.
Pokemon Gold and Silver launched for Game Boy.