Home Sony PS4 GameStop Massachusetts Closed After Receiving a Nuisance Order

GameStop Massachusetts Closed After Receiving a Nuisance Order

A week after reports emerged that GameStop instructed its Massachusetts employees to wrap their hands in plastic bags for protection against Covid-19 and continue working, the retailer has shut down all stores in the state.

GameStop continued to operate in Massachusetts in violation of the state’s shutdown order for non-essential businesses. The retailer did close its outlets for public dealings but offered a curbside pickup service that required employees to hand over items to customers through a crack at the door. According to The Boston Globe, employees were told to take credit cards from customers with their hands wrapped in a plastic bag if gloves weren’t available. The publication reported yesterday that although authorities didn’t issue a fine for violating shutdown orders, GameStop did receive a nuisance order.

The retailer confirmed to The Boston Globe that its Massachusetts stores are temporarily closed but declined to comment further. However, last week it justified its decision to continue operating in the state with the following statement:

With employee and customer safety as our paramount concern, all our stores remain closed to customer access, including those in Massachusetts. We are processing orders on a digital basis through our new curbside [email protected] shipping service. Only employees may enter our stores at this time. Importantly, all GameStop employees have been assured that they do not have to work if they are not comfortable, or need to stay home to care for a family member. While GameStop is best known as a provider of gaming and home entertainment systems, we also offer a wide array of products and devices that are important to facilitate remote work, distance learning, and virtual connectivity.

The Boston Globe also reported that an inspector from Boston’s inspectional services department physically visited GameStop Dorchester last Wednesday to ensure that the store was closed.

[Source: The Boston Globe]


Help Prevent the Spread of the Coronavirus

PlayStation LifeStyle recommends all readers comply with CDC guidelines and remain as isolated as possible during this urgent time. Visit the Centers for Disease Control at CDC.gov or the World Health Organization at WHO.int for the latest information on the coronavirus and learn what you can do to stop the spread.

Must Read

There’s tons of Warhammer stuff to do in this year’s Skulls for the Skull Throne event

This year is the fourth Skulls for the Skull Throne event on Steam, and as ever it’s a time to celebrate – and buy – all things Warhammer. What’s interesting about Skulls for the Skull Throne 4, however, is the sheer amount of in-game stuff to do: there’s a bristling list of games participating this year, and some of them aren’t even related to Warhammer.

Call of Duty: Warzone now has duos

With solo, trio, and quad squad configurations available, it was getting a little weird that Call of Duty: Warzone didn’t allow teams of two into Verdansk. But as has been strongly hinted in datamines, duos mode has been planned for some time, and now it’s finally arrived.

Escape from Tarkov banned 3,000 players the day after the latest wipe

The latest major patch for Escape from Tarkov landed this week, along with a global character wipe that set all players back to the starting line. Naturally, that meant it was prime time for cheaters who wanted to gain an early advantage. Battlestate Games says it banned 3,000 cheaters on the first day following the deployment of the latest patch.

The new Trackmania will have free to play and paid subscription editions

When the new Trackmania launches – after a brief delay – June 1, there will be three points of entry for players who want to speed along its gravity-flouting tracks. Those include a free-to-play starter edition and two paid subscription editions, each geared for fans of different intensities.

Arkane Studios Talks Next Gen and Dishonored Series

Arkane Studios has said that its previous comments about the Dishonored series were misquoted and that the series was never iced, like some claimed.