Ubisoft is within the technique of rolling out a brand new Rainbow Six Siege replace, the most important for the reason that launch of Operation Steel Wave a few weeks in the past. The Y5S2.1 patch will nerf Hibana, Ace, and Melusi, and it will likely be stay later right this moment, June 30.
In addition, the replace introduces a cool new function named match cancellation. This permits an incomplete group to vote to desert ranked matches, absolving them of an abandon penalty and which means they’ll see no impression on their matchmaking rating. However, Ubisoft warns this selection will solely be obtainable in matches that start with uneven groups, and that if you happen to depart earlier than the vote has handed, you’ll nonetheless be hit with abandon sanctions.
Melusi’s nerf is essentially the most important within the Y5S2.1 patch: her Banshee gadget now slows enemies from a shorter vary than earlier than and makes a barely quieter sound, decreasing its effectiveness.
Ace and Hibana, in the meantime, see very comparable nerfs to 1 one other: their respective X-Kairos and Selma gadgets will now not destroy devices on the opposite sides of partitions, as their explosion injury can not now cross by way of partitions. Other than that, the replace, which needs to be accomplished on June 30 at round 07:20 PT / 10:20 ET / 15:20 BST following 20 minutes of server downtime, comprises a bunch of bug fixes. You can learn the complete record under, via Ubisoft.
🛠 Y5S2.1 Patch 🛠
߷ Hibana & Ace gadget replace
🏃🏽♀️Melusi Banshee & velocity penalty adjustments
✔️More updates and balancing
XB1 8:00 EDT/12:00 UTC
PS4 9:00 EDT/13:00 UTC
PC 10:00 EST/14:00 UTC
Downtime: 20 Minutes
— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) June 30, 2020
For extra on the most recent season, then again, take a look at our roundup of the whole lot we find out about Rainbow Six Siege’s Operation Steel Wave operators.
Rainbow Six Siege Y5S2.1 replace patch notes
Match Cancellation will go stay with the Y5S2.1 replace! We have examined it on the TS and in addition to internally towards plenty of potential circumstances. However as it’s a new function, please tell us you probably have any suggestions or points to report with Match Cancellation at r6fix.ubi.com.
Match Cancellation is a brand new function that can enable gamers to cancel their present Ranked match below the situation that group sizes are unbalanced in the beginning of the match (eg: if gamers disconnect earlier than the primary spherical, or if a foyer is shaped with lower than 10 gamers). The Match Cancellation vote possibility will turn out to be obtainable for the unfinished group throughout the prep section and a majority vote will cancel the match. A canceled match will present as canceled and haven’t any impression on MMR.
Abandon penalties are nonetheless in place and gamers who abandon an ongoing Ranked Match are nonetheless topic to escalating abandon sanctions.
If a match cancellation vote is triggered, leaving earlier than the validation of the Match Cancellation vote will even lead to an abandon penalty. Players ought to stay within the sport till the Match Cancellation vote is validated and the sport has been canceled.
- Lowered the penalty zone by roughly 33%.
- Reduced max vary penalty radius from 6m to 4m (vary wherein penalty will increase from 25% to 50% the nearer you get to the gadget)
- Reduced crucial Range penalty radius from 3m to 2m (vary wherein penalty is 50%) See diagram under for a way Banshee’s penalty ranges work.
- Lowered the sound of the Banshee impact in first particular person POV.
Ace and Hibana
- Explosion injury can now not cross by way of bolstered partitions and destroy fragile devices on the opposite facet while you place Hibana’s X-Kairos and Ace’s SELMA on the ground.
- FIXED – Inconsistent runout detection timer meant detection would generally take longer than 2s. (Now ought to constantly take 2s to detect).
- FIXED – The reload animation of the K1A resets if animation is interrupted when making a full reload.
- FIXED – Bomb rework tweaks to repair points with pixel peeks.
- FIXED – Hitboxes of Melusi’s Banshees are bigger than the mannequin.
- FIXED – Yokai can generally see onto the rooftops/second flooring when connected to skinny ceilings.
- FIXED – Vault points on maps.
- FIXED – Various clipping and dynamic clipping points on maps.
- FIXED – Various LOD/visible points on maps.
- FIXED – Oryx unable to climb on the southern facet of the hatch from B Secure Hallway in Bank.
- FIXED – Operators could be killed/broken by explosion injury by way of a stable wall in 2F Meeting Room on Consulate after first layer of flooring is destroyed.
- FIXED – Lighting subject in 1F Small Tower Office of Oregon making it laborious to see operators when inclined in a darkish nook.
- FIXED – Pixel peek from 2F Dorm Hall in Oregon.
- FIXED – Gadgets could be deployed contained in the pots in 1F Kitchen of Oregon and nonetheless operate.
- FIXED – Defenders can soar onto the window body of 2F Fireplace Hall in Kafe.
- FIXED – Gadgets stay floating after being positioned on barrels which can be later destroyed in B Wine Cellar of Chalet.
- FIXED – Players can see into Chalet from a particular spot in EXT Front Yard.
- FIXED – Secure space zone of 2F Bedroom in Clubhouse doesn’t correctly cowl your entire room.
- FIXED – Drones can fall OOB by leaping on a ledge in B Oil Pit of Clubhouse.
- FIXED – Players can fall inside an ornamental greenery pot, on the gazebo close to EXT Main Entrance on Coastline.
- FIXED – Operators can go inclined on small ledges/surfaces, permitting them entry to areas that aren’t meant to be accessible. (Sorry 🥥).
- FIXED – Players can get on prime of the chandelier in 2F Dragon Stairs of Theme Park (sorry once more).
- FIXED – Players can attain the roof of Theme Park from 2F Upper Arcade.
- FIXED – Operators can place out of attain devices on the wall in 2F Control Room of Theme Park after vaulting on the Control Desk.
- FIXED – Various menu/store/HUD fixes.
- FIXED – Various visible/beauty fixes.
- FIXED – Gray attachment pores and skin causes Optic sights to be invisible in ADS
- FIXED – Pastel Engine weapon pores and skin causes a part of the Para–308 iron sights to vanish whereas in ADS.
- FIXED – Dynamic Play button doesn’t redirect to the Discovery playlist after utilizing the Discovery Playlist.
- FIXED – Players who ended the final season in Champions, the Champion badge of their ranked menu profile incorrectly shows #1 as an alternative of their precise closing Champions place.
- FIXED – RFF image disappears if you happen to reboot Uplay after activating RFF (visible solely, RFF remains to be lively).