Crytek’s subsequent AAA challenge seems to be a sandbox first-person shooter, if a number of job listings are something to go by.
As noticed by Wccftech, the Crysis developer has a variety of open vacancies, the descriptions of which particularly point out an unannounced challenge. There appears to be an emphasis on recruiting builders who’ve prior expertise engaged on sandbox FPS video games.
As an instance, the job description for a Game Designer states:
- 2+ years as a Game Designer within the video video games business.
- 1 or extra shipped AAA titles on PC or Console, ideally a FPS.
- Strong data of the rules of recreation design principle.
- Strong documentation abilities.
- Solid verbal and written communication abilities in English.
- Ability to create excessive stage design documentation and recreation ideas.
- Deep ardour for gaming, ideally FPS sandbox video games.
The challenge appears to be in improvement at Crytek’s Frankfurt studio.
Back in November, hackers reportedly obtained a maintain of Crytek’s inner paperwork, which revealed a number of unannounced projects that the studio is/was engaged on. The leaked materials made references to a Crysis battle royale recreation named Crysis Next, Crysis VR, Robinson 2, Hunt Mobile, and Ryse Next.
Crysis Next was described within the paperwork as follows:
A free-to-play battle royale recreation the place a whole bunch of gamers collide in fast-paced fight. Visual customization, adaptive nanosuit powers, and visually spectacular fight in an immersive world creates the final word reside streaming expertise. The Crysis franchise has all of the options to make a battle royale stand out. The gameplay. The type and setting. High manufacturing worth.
We’ll replace our readers when we have now extra data.