People can now get a novelty reminding them of a major Switch game when eating at one fast food restaurant. Burger King Nintendo toys are now in King Jr kids’ meals in North America. There are six toys available, and each one represents a popular game available on the system. There will also be a Super Mario Meal option starting on February 8, 2021 that will include food, 100 Platinum Points you can use on My Nintendo rewards, and a chance to win a Switch.
Each toy has an action and ties into a game. Here are the ones available:
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons leaf maze.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Link on a moving platform.
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 Luigi with Poltergust and ghost.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe kart with Metal Mario.
- Splatoon 2 Inkling launching out of a tunnel of ink.
- Super Mario Maker 2 Mario on a block.
As for the contest, it involves buying a Super Mario Meal in the map or online. That gives you 100 Platinum Points, a Whopper, a small order of fries, a small drink, and a contest entry. As the sweepstakes page will eventually note, select winners will get a prize pack with a Switch and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury.
The Burger King Nintendo toys will be available until March 15, 2021, while the Super Mario Meal will be sold until February 22, 2021.