Square Enix producer Yosuke Saito has announed that NieR Replicant went gold “quite a while ago.” According to a translation of his tweet by Gematsu, free downloadable content material for the recreation has additionally been accredited, particulars of which shall be revealed sooner or later.
— 齊藤陽介 Yosuke Saito (@SaitoYosuke_Z) April 7, 2021
Previously a Japan-only title, NieR Replicant is a prequel to Automata, and options upgraded visuals. An official overview of the story is as follows:
In a distant, distant future, humanity is on the brink of extinction.
A black scrawl illness and unusual beasts threaten the world.
A younger kindhearted boy makes a promise to his little sister.
A thousand-year lie that may reside on for eternity…
The protagonist is a form younger man residing in a distant village. In order to avoid wasting his sister Yonah, who fell terminally in poor health to the Black Scrawl, he units out with Grimoire Weiss, a wierd speaking tome, to seek for the Sealed verses.
Key options embody:
- Uncover the reality behind the world of NieR and put together to query all the things on this darkish, twisting story.
- Journey alongside an unlikely group of allies by means of a ruined world, tormented by illness and monstrous horrors.
- A mesmerizing iconic soundtrack, newly recorded by NieR: Automata composer, Keiichi Okabe.
- Fight again dreadful enemies with a visceral, uniquely customizable mix of swordplay and highly effective magic.
- Customize your character’s magic, abilities, and weapons with the energy of Words.
NieR Replicant will launch for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on April 23rd.