Bloober Team reportedly has two unannounced video video games within the works, each horror titles set in pre-modern period Europe. Users discovered the unannounced titles, titled “Black” and “Dum Spiro”, on the EU’s Creative Europe program web site. The web site additionally lists the sport “H2O”, which we all know was the codename for Layers of Fear 2 launched again in 2019.
The unannounced video games had been identified by Twitter user @bobvids, who revealed that the European Union was giving out grants to the studio so as to make a complete of 4 video games. Two of the video games have already launched, nevertheless: The Medium funded in 2013, and “H2O” AKA Layers of Fear 2 funded in 2018. Two different video games, nevertheless, have descriptions that don’t fairly ring a bell in terms of the studio’s previous releases.
One, codenamed “Black”, is “presented from a first-person perspective” and incorporates a “mixture of exploration, survival”, and “visceral hand-to-hand, or melee, combat.” Stranger but, the setting of the sport will apparently be an “unconventional blend of the Middle Ages and alien species”, although not a lot is talked about particularly after that. What we do know is that the sport can have gamers “constantly outnumbered”, and appears to focus extra on the extra energetic, combative features of horror than the psychological features of their previous titles.
- Began funding in 2019, nonetheless ongoing
- Mature story of the darkish features of religion and humanity with the alien lifeform as catalyst for character improvement
- Ambiguous ethical decisions (ought to we punish those that have wronged us, or stand with them in opposition to a larger evil? Should we save a baby at the price of our personal life?)
- Mix of stealth and intense, visceral fight (hand-to-hand/melee)
- Historical setting makes the story extra lifelike and relatable, permits for potential spin-offs set in different historic durations (a la Assassin’s Creed).
Second on the listing is “Dum Spiro”, taken from the well-known Latin phrase “Dum spiro, spero”, which interprets to “While I breathe, I hope”. The recreation will happen throughout WWII between 1941 and 1944, and can observe the story of an imprisoned boy in a Polish ghetto. The recreation options three acts, and the selections made in every will have an effect on which “episode” the participant experiences subsequent a la the branching paths of Detroit Become Human.
Codename “Dum Spiro”
- Began funding in 2015, led to 2018
- Divided into three acts with a branching plot
- The goal and foremost distinguishing function of the sport is the “destruction of the fifth wall” separating the participant from the offered historical past.
- An intensive system of interpersonal relationships based mostly on smaller and extra frequent choices that don’t have an effect on the primary story
It’s value noting that, whereas Bloober Team could have acquired funding from the EU to develop the above tasks, this doesn’t essentially imply that these video games will ever be launched. There can be the chance that the above titles could have changed into different tasks that can differ wildly from their preliminary idea.
And most significantly, neither of those video games will possible be linked to Bloober’s partnership with Konami or a potential future Silent Hill title, as if that was the case, Bloober Team wouldn’t want to use for funding from the EU.