It has been a few months for the reason that Nintendo Switch final obtained a firmware replace, and 5 months for the reason that final time a serious firmware replace was launched for the console. Most of the updates throughout the summer season have been small ones, the place bug fixes and stability enhancements have been the main focus.
That sample has modified tonight. Nintendo has launched a brand new Nintendo Switch firmware replace. Once you replace, the console must be at version 13.0.0. This is a giant replace, with the principle issues being the addition of Bluetooth audio assist and a few choices associated to the Switch’s web connection that may be toggled. The patch notes are down beneath.
Bluetooth® audio assist was added.
- Headphones, earbuds, audio system, and different audio gadgets that join with Bluetooth can now be paired with Nintendo Switch household methods for audio output.
- Bluetooth microphones usually are not supported.
- Up to two suitable wi-fi controllers could be linked to the system whereas utilizing Bluetooth audio.
- Bluetooth audio can’t be used whereas native wi-fi communication is lively.
- Depending on the Bluetooth audio machine, there could also be some audio delay.
- For extra data, see How to Pair and Manage Bluetooth Audio Devices.
“Update Dock” was added beneath System in System Settings for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch – OLED Model methods, permitting for software program updates to Nintendo Switch docks with a LAN port.
- Dock software program updates usually are not out there for Nintendo Switch docks and not using a LAN port.
- This function was not added to Nintendo Switch Lite.
- For extra data, see How to Update the Dock Firmware.
“Maintain Internet Connection in Sleep Mode” was added beneath Sleep Mode in System Settings.
- When this setting is enabled, methods with wired web connections will preserve web connection even whereas in sleep mode. This permits for software program and add-on content material to obtain to the system whereas the system is in sleep mode.
- The setting is enabled by default.
- When this setting is disabled, the system will join to the web solely periodically, which decreases energy consumption and delays downloads whereas in sleep mode.
Note: Systems that aren’t updated to version 13.0.0 or later behave as if this setting is enabled.
The methodology to provoke “Calibrate Control Sticks” in System Settings was modified.
- From System Settings, go to Controllers and Sensors, choose Calibrate Control Sticks, then absolutely tilt the management stick in anybody course and maintain it tilted for a couple of seconds to start calibration.
Users can now view whether or not their wi-fi web connection is utilizing the two.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequency band beneath “Connection Status” after deciding on Internet in System Settings.