Polygon Treehouse and United Label have introduced that their narrative journey game, Roki, will launch on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S on October twenty eighth. The game first launched final 12 months on the Nintendo Switch and PC, the place it garnered constructive opinions.
Inspired by Scandinavian folklore, Roki follows the story of Tove, who journeys by means of “a mysterious and long-forgotten world filled with strange mythical creatures” in an effort to save lots of her household. Roki options puzzles, and an interactive and dynamic setting. The game boasts non-violent gameplay, accessible controls, and common themes.
Key options embrace:
- Experience Roki on next-generation consoles at an all-new stage of immersion with as much as 4K decision and 60 frames per second assist.
- Join Tove on a fantastical journey to save lots of her household; one which takes her deep right into a long-forgotten world of folklore, stuffed with unusual areas and even stranger creatures.
- Explore a dwelling fairytale, clear up historic puzzles, and journey deeper by means of the icy land to study the reality.
- Immerse your self in a wealthy, beguiling Northern world of thriller and monsters, delivered to life by Roki‘s signature graphical model.
- Solve the riddles of the wilderness—Roki is a game of brains not brawn.
- Uncover a story of tragic loss, as you chart your path to redemption.
“Roki is our take on modernizing the classic adventure games we loved growing up – games like Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, and Grim Fandango,” stated Polygon Treehouse. “We wanted to capture the storytelling and spirit of adventure from those games, but more importantly, update the play style for audiences today.”
Check out a trailer beneath.