Warner Bros. has formally introduced MultiVersus, a free-to-play 2v2 platform fighter that’s created from “an ever-expanding cast of iconic characters and legendary universes” from Warner Bros. franchises. The game is heading to PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC in 2022.
Players can select any mixture of characters as they workforce as much as save the Multiverse from the opposing duo. Not solely are the fighters drawn from Warner Bros. franchises, the arenas are as effectively. Batman’s Batcave and Jake and Finn’s Treefort are simply two confirmed up to now. A complete of 13 characters have been introduced for the roster already, every of which may have their very own distinctive talents and a customisable perk loadout so gamers can mix talents successfully. There will even be quite a lot of costumes for every. And maybe most notably, they’re all voiced by top-tier and unique voice expertise. The roster up to now is:
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) – voiced by Maisie Williams
- Batman – voiced by Kevin Conroy
- Bugs Bunny – voiced by Eric Bauza
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time) – voiced by Jeremy Shada
- Garnet (Steven Universe) – voiced by Estelle
- Harley Quinn (Batman) – voiced by Tara Strong
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time) – voiced by John DiMaggio
- Reindog (model new character for MultiVersus) – voiced by Andrew Frankel
- Shaggy (Scooby Doo) – voiced by Matthew Lillard
- Steven Universe – voiced by Daniel DiVenere
- Superman – voiced by George Newbern
- Tom and Jerry– voiced by Eric Bauza
- Wonder Woman – voiced by Abby Trott
As effectively as the primary 2v2 co-op mode, there shall be extra intense 1v1 matches or a free for all mode for as much as 4 gamers. Those desirous to hone their expertise can accomplish that within the coaching mode, whereas probably the most practiced fighters will need to take a look at their talent in Ranked Competitive mode. Players may even kind guilds to compete towards one another. MultiVersus will embody cross-platform play and cross-platform development, making it doable to play video games anyplace and with anyone with out shedding your progress. Local co-op play can also be supported alongside on-line matches with devoted server-based rollback netcode.
Developer Player First Games has confirmed extra characters, levels, modes, in-game occasions, skins and different content material shall be added post-launch. There shall be in-game purchases though these weren’t detailed any additional proper now. Those already liking the sound of MultiVersus can signal as much as be a part of the playtests by the official website.
MultiVersus is ready to launch someday in 2022.