The Gran Turismo collection has been a Sony staple because the authentic game launched on PS1 in 1997. In celebration of its 25th anniversary, Polyphony Digital CEO Kazunori Yamauchi mentioned his historical past with the collection and shared the Gran Turismo gross sales numbers during the last quarter century.
Gran Turismo whole gross sales attain over 90 million copies
Writing on PS Blog, Yamauchi says the Gran Turismo collection as an entire has offered over 90 million copies. Despite racing being a comparatively area of interest style, the franchise has been a constant best-seller, solely stumbling with the divisive GT Sport.
The collection is undoubtedly standard, however we had been shocked simply how effectively it’s carried out once we took a have a look at the PlayStation best-seller charts:
- Gran Turismo: 10,850,000 offered – #1 best-selling PS1 game
- Gran Turismo 2: 9,370,000 offered – #3 best-selling PS1 game
- Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec: 14,890,000 offered – #2 best-selling PS2 game
- Gran Turismo Concept: 1,585,000 offered – #100 best-selling PS2 game
- Gran Turismo 4: 11,760,000 offered – #3 best-selling PS2 game
- Gran Turismo 5: Prologue: 5,350,000 offered – #7 best-selling PS3 game
- Gran Turismo (PSP): 4,220,000 offered – #4 best-selling PSP game
- Gran Turismo 5: 11,950,000 offered – #2 best-selling PS3 game
- Gran Turismo 6: 5,060,000 offered – #9 best-selling PS3 game
- Gran Turismo Sport: 1,140,000 offered – #29 best-selling PS4 game
Figures for Gran Turismo 7 aren’t out there but. However, the hype across the game and a comparatively constructive reception imply it’s in all probability finished moderately effectively.
Here’s to the subsequent 25 years of Gran Turismo!