Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, beleaguered by a collection of efficiency points on PC and two critical glitches and different issues on consoles, will get two patches on Monday and Tuesday to assist clear up the mess.
Respawn Entertainment stated Monday that the PC patch will roll out that day, and it’ll ship “performance improvements for non-raytraced rendering.”
Today a patch has grow to be out there for the PC model of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, and tomorrow (5/2) we’ll even be issuing a patch for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
We are exhausting at work on patches that may additional enhance efficiency and fix bugs throughout all platforms.… pic.twitter.com/XrjbdDQUp6
— EA Star Wars (@EAStarWars) May 1, 2023
It’s not clear if that covers all, some, or solely a tiny a part of the issues PC gamers had been reporting on day one in all Star Wars Jedi: Survivor’s April 28 launch. A observe from Respawn and Electronic Arts that day acknowledged substandard efficiency on PC, however stated the largest points involved “high-end machines or certain specific configurations.” The studio apologized to gamers and promised patches pronto.
The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X variations don’t seem to have the identical body charge and efficiency points because the PC model. Their patch, coming Tuesday, does cope with “performance improvements” and “various rendering issues,” however it extra particularly addresses bugs and different jarring defects.
Most notably, it’s going to fix a game-breaking downside the place gamers discovered themselves caught contained in the Chamber of Duality. There are sure spoilers that include explaining what the issue is there, so see the Reddit thread for extra particulars.
The console patch discover doesn’t say if it fixes this moderately hilariously unlucky bug, the place a giant dangerous man named Mogu hits Cal Kestis so exhausting he kilos the XP proper the hell out of him and into the bottom. Players on Reddit stated that dying at Mogu’s meaty arms left their loss of life marker in an unreachable location and their XP unrecoverable.
The console fixes talked about on Monday have already been utilized to the PC model, Respawn stated. “We are hard at work on patches that will further improve performance and fix bugs across all platforms.”
Here’s the whole lot Respawn pledges to patch up with Jedi: Survivor’s upcoming fixes:
5/1 – PC
- Performance enhancements for non-raytraced rendering.
5/2 – PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S
- Multiple crashes fastened throughout PlayStation and Xbox Series X|S and varied areas of the game.
- Fixed crashes that had been tied to skipping cinematics.
- Performance enhancements throughout PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
- Fixed a difficulty with dynamic fabric contained in the Mantis.
- Fixed varied rendering points.
- Fixed points with registered Nekkos.
- Fixed points with cinematic dialogue overlapping.
- Fixed varied collision points.
- Fixed a difficulty with enemy AI remaining in T Pose throughout photograph mode.
- Fixed a freeze that often occurred whereas speaking to Doma.
- Fixed a bug the place the BD-oil VFX didn’t correctly render.
- Fixed a difficulty the place gamers had been getting caught contained in the Chamber of Duality for those who didn’t save after leaving the chamber and die.